Digital Yacht GPS160 TriNav Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Output
GPS160 TriNav Sensor with NMEA 0183 Output
The GPS160, a high performance positioning sensor using GPS, Galileo and Glonass satellite systems for exceptional positioning accuracies and redundancies.
TriNav technology allows all three systems to be simultaneously utilized for navigation. The device can also be field programmed for a variety of modes such as single GNSS operation (eg Galileo only) as well as output configurations such as update rate, NMEA sentence structure etc
The GPS160 is available with a NMEA 0183 output (4800, 38400 and 115200 baud programmable) and a USB variant for PC, MAC and Linux. For NMEA 2000 systems, a bundle is available with iKonvert allowing easy and flexible NMEA 2000 installation without the need for cumbersome drop cables.
The GPS160 also support an external MOB switch or device. When activated, it creates a “synthesized” AIS SART MOB message on the NMEA output which can be interfaced with a local plotter for MOB identification.
The GPS160 supports GPS, Glonass and Galileo positioning. Our TriNav technology is used to combine signals from all three systems to compute the best possible fix accuracy and reliability.
Galileo is the global navigation satellite system (GNSS) that has been developed over the past two decades. It joins the GPS and GLONASS systems and offers mariners a 3rd reliable positioning source. It is planned to be fully operational in 2020.
- 72 channel GPS, Glonassand Galileo GNSS positioning receiver
- Typically sub 1m accuracy thanks to TriNav technology –combines all satellite data for optimum accuracy
- Can be configured as dedicated GPS, Glonass or Galileo only device
- Sophisticated anti-spoofing algorithm for robust positioning performance and interference rejection
- Available in NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000 (with iKonvert interface)and wireless (with WLN10SM) variants
- GPS160USB also available with USB connection for PC/MAC
- User/field selectable 4800, 38400 and 115200 baud operation through simple internal DIP switches
- Multiple formats of NMEA data output including datum information –user configurable through internal DIP switches
- Up to 18Hz update rate (user selectable)
- Ultra low (<20mA) power consumption at 12V DC
- Input for MOB switch/system –when activated generates synthetic AIS MOB NMEA output to activate MOB position on plotter
- Professional system (ECDIS) support with datum sentence structure (DTM/GBS/GNS/GRS/GSA/GST)
- Puck installation or fits 3rd party industry standard 1” x 14 TPI threaded mount