Digital Yacht WLN10 Smart NMEA to WiFi Converter - 4800 Baud
WLN10 Smart NMEA to WiFi Converter - 4800 Baud
Create a wifi network on your boat with NMEA data available for iPhones, iPad or Android tablets and PCs and MACS too. Turn you mobile device into a fu.l featured navigator with access to all your boat’s NMEA data.
This innovative and cost effective wireless device creates its own 802.11b+g wireless access point which any other wireless device can connect to, such as a Smart Phone, Netbook or Laptop. Connect it to any device or system that has an NMEA 0183 output and it will automatically read the data and transmit it wirelessly to another wireless device.
The NMEA 0183 data is transferred using TCP/UDP protocol to a suitably compatible application on the wireless device. A number of Marine Navigation software packages support TCP/UDP data transfer including; SmarterTrack (PC) OpenCPN (PC/Mac/Linux) SeaPro (PC) Rose Point Coastal Explorer (PC) MaxSea (PC) and Nobeltec (PC) MacENC (Macs) iNavX (iPhone/iPad) Nav Apps: iSailor and iRegatta.
- Wireless NMEA Data server (4800 baud)
- Reads NMEA 0183 data and transmits it wirelessly over 802.11b+g
- Can be fitted to any GPS or Instrument system that is outputting/inputting NMEA 0183 data at 4800 baud
- Supports Bi-Directional communication but must be at the same 4800 baud rate
- Creates an 802.11b+g wireless access point and then transmits data via TCP/UDP link
- TCP allows single device connection while UDP allows multiple devices to receive the data
- Fully compatible with popular iNavX navigation application for Apple mobile devices
- Easy to install IP54 black box solution